Saturday, November 3, 2012

NaNoWriMo... again!?!

I know, I know... for those of you who know me, you're thinking, God, is she doing that again? She does it every year and ends up failing every year!

Well, yeah. But I have something to show for it. I have new stories to finish one day. I tried. When was the last time you tried to write 50,000 words in 30 days or less? One day, I'll win it. and maybe, just maybe, I'll get published. Me, a published author, finally. After nearly 20 years of writing my own stories and never finishing a damn one. Maybe it'll be this year. Maybe not. It's up to the Muse.

I'm still going to try.

For those of you unfamiliar with this event, National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo, or NaNo as we affectionately, and sometimes resentfully, call it) is organized by a group called The Office of Letters and Light. They put on a small handful of events every year, and inspire, support, and encourage novelists of all ages to write, write, write. They do a Young Authors' program, a Script Frenzy in spring, and... well, you get the idea. They've inspired me 5 years in a row to go outside my writer's box and come up with new stories, new ways of expressing them. For example, this year my novel attempt is of the Magepunk genre with overtones of Horror... neither of which I have written or read before. And no, I'm not going for a gorefest. Just something creepy and scary and intense. 

Anyways, here's the link to my NaNo page:

http://www.nanowrimo.org/en/participants/spottedcheshire

and the link to my NaNoWriMo sponsorship page:

http://www.stayclassy.org/fundraise?is_new=1&fcid=216241

Please sponsor my attempt at NaNo this year by donating to the Office of Letters and Light. You'll be supporting their efforts to inspire newbie (and old hands) authors to new heights of noveling wonders. Help them encourage writing, and reading. They are featured in many communities and even classrooms across the country and even internationally. Help them keep going for another year. And you'll be helping me push to cross the finish line on Nov. 30th as well!

If you donate, please comment here (leave your name if you don't have a Blogger account please!) or message me elsewhere. You probably know how to find me. Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Love and Blessings
-Leigh, the White Fox

No comments:

Post a Comment